How to work with the experiment payload?
Experiment settings allow defining some rules to change the game logic in accordance with the experiment groups which the player belongs to.
It can be done through the group payload.
For example, it is necessary to check the effect of different ad logic on Holistic ARPU and Users Retention.
In order to do this, you can set the experiment with 3 groups and define different ad logic via the group's payload:
- current ads logic for players from Group A.
- reducing to ad after each level for players from Group B.
- no ads at all for players from Group C.
The payload can be set as any string understandable for your game (JSON, xml, yaml, etc.).
Then the experiment will work as follows:
- If a player is matched to the experiment, GOW sends the data about the experiment, the experiment group and the group payload to the game side through GOW SDK or REST API.
- The data from the payload is applied to the player on the game side. It means that your game should support getting of some settings from the payload.
- The confirmation that all settings were set is sent from the game to GOW.
- GOW collects the player statistics in the context of the experiment and the group until the experiment will be completed. The statistic is presented in the experiment report.
- When the experiment is completed, GOW SDK sends a special callback about it. After that, the behavior changes can be canceled on the game side.
More details about GOW SDK or REST API implementation can be found here: