In order to check Game of Whales SDK implementation, you can mark some game players as developers.
All developers' actions (logins, purchases) are included in the game stats. But you can exclude them by using a filter on Filter form.
It's recommended to add a player to the developers list before his first purchase in the game. But he has to have at least one game login.
If players are marked as developers they have no limits on the number of push notifications.
All developers are shown in the developers list on Developers tab of Game Settings page.
In order to add a player to the developer list:
- Find out the player's device's advertising ID.
- Click on Add Developer.
- Enter the advertising ID to the Advertising ID field and click on ADD DEVELOPER. If you want to rename the player, enter his new name to Save as field.
To remove a player from the list click on Remove from dev list button near the player.
You can also mark/unmark a player as a developer on the player's card. When you do these actions on the player's card the player is added/removed to/from the developers list automatically.
Developers list contains the following information about player:
- Player's name (1).
- When he joined the game (2).
- His total revenue (how much he had spent (3)).
- The number of his purchases (how many purchases he had made). This field is empty if the player has not made purchases yet.
- Country, where the player is from (5).
- Player's device's platform (6).
If you click on the player in the list, the player's card will be opened. In order to show additional settings for developers, click on Developer settings.
Developer settings form is available only for users with Admin or Developer studio role.
You can do the following actions on Developer settings form:
- Change the player's name.
- Send a personal test push notification to the player.
- Reset the player's device token.
- Create and send a personal test special offer by clicking on SEND TEST SPECIAL OFFER button.
- Mark all player's purchases as purchases by the developer.
- Create a test cross-promotion advertisement.
- Create a test anti-churn special offer.
- Check the working with the experiment.
In order to change the player's name, enter a new name and click on RENAME button. Pay attention that the name will be changed for purchases and ads milestones in Revenue stream too.
In order to send a personal push notification click on SEND TEST PUSH NOTIFICATION button (1). The test notification has TEST TITLE title and TEST MESSAGE text. If you use Apple Push Notification Service to send push notifications, you can switch an environment for a test notification by using Development\Production options (2). The environment depends on the type of certificates that you use to build the app. The chosen environment isn't saved and influences only the test notification.
The device token is needed to send any push notification to the player. The device token should be sent with any login to the game (you can find more information in SDK implementation guides). You can reset the data about the device token by clicking on RESET DEVICE TOKEN button on Developer Settings form. After that, the player will have an empty device token and he will not be able to receive any push notification till he get a new token from SDK.
In order to check the implementation of special offers, you can send a test offer to a developer by using SEND TEST SPECIAL OFFER button.
The settings of the test special offer are the same as the settings of a regular personal offer. But you can't change the title, the description, and the push notification's title and message.
Information about a test special offer is shown on Special offers tab of the player's card.
If the player had bought something before he was marked as a developer, you can mark these purchases as development by clicking on MARK PURCHASES AS DEVELOPMENT button on Developer settings form.
Pay attention that this operation influences the previous stats and can't be canceled. It's recommended to do this action only once for the same player.