Ads Revenue KPI on the dashboard shows the amount of revenue from ads showing received through GOW and FYBER SDKs.
Communications with Fyber are supported since 2.0.22 version of GOW SDK.
How does GOW SDK work with Fyber SDK?
GOW and Fyber SDKs work with each other through broadcast events. It means that there are no dependencies between these SDKs. So the game developer does not need to do any additional actions except he would do if he would integrate each SDK separately.
In general, the flow of communication is the following:
- The player sends a request (any request) to GOW service through GOW SDK.
- GOW service handles the request. During the handle, GOW-AI module makes a decision to show an ad or not for the player and sends a response to GOW SDK with the decision.
- GOW SDK handles the response and sends a broadcast event (with the special data).
- Fyber SDK (if it has integrated into the game) receives the event and works based on the received data. If GOW SDK hasn't integrated into the game then Fyber SDK continues to work based on its own logic.
- If the ad was shown by Fyber SDK then the SDK sends a broadcast event with data about type/price of the ad, etc.
- GOW SDK receives the event and forwards the data to GOW service.
- GOW service handles the request and writes the data in its own data storage.
- Ads revenue becomes available on the GOW dashboard.
AI predictions for showing the ads
AI system analyses the collected data about the player and defines whether to show or not to show ads (interstitial/banner only) for the player to keep the player in the game and increase the game IAP and ads revenue. The prediction may change as new data about the player becomes available.
You are able to decide whether to allow or not to allow AI to affect the display of ads on the game side. In order to allow them, it's needed to turn the sending of predictions on by using ADS EXPERIENCE option on Artificial Intelligence Settings form. To open the form click on AI SETTINGS on the game dashboard.
Turn on/off the ADS EXPERIENCE option (1) and click on SAVE SETTINGS button.
In addition, you can enable the sending of predictions just for several platforms and countries by selecting them in filters. If the filters are not set, the predictions will send for all players.
Pay attention that the predictions are not sent for players from a control group regardless of ADS EXPERIENCE option on Artificial Intelligence Settings form.
AI ads predictions don't influence the collecting data about ads revenue in Game of Whales. They are just recommendations for FYBER SDK about what it should do for the player.
Ads Revenue is included in Holistic Revenue KPI on the game and studio dashboard.
Ads revenue is also shown on the dashboard graph in yellow.
By default, the dashboard includes data about IAP revenue (1) and Ads revenue (2).
In order to hide the IAP revenue, you should click on the appropriate option at the right corner of the graph. After that, the graph, the piecharts, and the revenue stream on the dashboard will show the ads data only.
Ads milestones are shown on Revenue Stream section. They have a special label ADS.
The milestone shows the current value of the player's ads revenue. It appears in the revenue stream when the player's ads revenue achieves the specific value: after every dollar till the total ads revenue is less than $5, after every 3 dollars if the total ads revenue is between $5 and $25, and after every 5 dollars if the ads revenue is more than $25.
Ads milestone shows the following data:
- Player's name (1)
- The country, where the milestone was achieved (2)
- Player's IAP revenue badge (3) and session badge (4)
- The player's total ads revenue at the moment when the milestone was created (5)
- How long the milestone was achieved (6)
- Store (7)
You can open the player's card by clicking on the milestone.
The total amount of ads revenue for the player is shown on the head of the card.
The Session Badge tab contains the historical data about ads revenue for the player. The data is shown as a yellow part of a histogram. The exact value can be found in the tooltip for every day.
Game of Whales collects the data in the context of different dimensions: country, platform, revenue badge, session badge, frequency badge, ads unit type (product). So you can select data by these dimensions by using the dashboard filters.
The dashboard piecharts present the distribution of ads revenue by the appropriate dimensions. For example, the distribution by ads unit types is shown on the Revenue by top products piechart.
If you switch Revenue by top products piechart's presentation to the histogram, the number of impressions for every unit type will be shown in the tooltip.
Game of Whales counts Ads ARPU. The value is shown in Real User ARPU section of the dashboard.
In order to open the breakdown by countries, click on the common value.
The top list of players with the biggest amount of ads revenue is shown on Ads Leaderboard report.