If the experiment is active players matched the conditions are included in the experiment automatically when the SDK sends any request to GOW server (it can be login, converting, purchase, etc.).
Game of Whales supports smart match of players in accordance with historical data about the game players activity.
There are 2 ways of starting the experiment:
- from experiments list with a draft state.
- from the experiment editing card.
For the first way, it's needed to find the experiment in the list and click on START EXPERIMENT under the card.
For the other way, it's needed to open the experiment editing card and click on START EXPERIMENT.
After that, you will be asked about the dashboard password to confirm the action.
All active experiments are shown on Active tab of A/B Testing page.
The experiment's card on this tab contains the following data:
- Title (1) - the title of the experiment
- Experiment key (2) - a special short key. It is sent to the game side.
- Description (3) - the experiment's description.
- Started (4)- the date when the experiment was started. In addition, the field contains data about how long it was.
- Conditions (5) - the rules of including the player to the experiment.
- Audience - the number of players participating in the experiment (7). If the match of players has not completed yet, the audience is divided into 2 part: the number of matched players (6) and the maximum number of players in the experiment (7).
- Time to match the audience (8)- approximate overall time to match experiment audience. The value is not shown if the matching has completed.
- Current states of collecting statistics and matching players.
- Information about groups.
The information about the groups shows how many groups are set in the experiment and how the audience is distributed between the groups. The group names and exact numbers of distribution are shown in the tooltip.
You can view, clone, open the experiment report or stop the experiment with Active state. The corresponding options are under the experiment's card.
Any active experiment is not available for editing. So its card is open in read-only mode.
An active experiment is not finished automatically. So when the game publisher decides that the experiment is completed, he has to stop it by clicking on STOP. After that, the experiment will have Done state and will be shown on Done tab of A/B Testing page.
Pay attention that you will be asked about the dashboard password to confirm the stop of the experiment.