There are 7 KPIs:
- New users - The number of new users who had the first login.
- DAU (AU) - The number of unique active users (including new users) during the selected period. DAU for every player increases only 1 time per 24 hours. If the dashboard shows the data for a period longer than one day, DAU is shown as AU.
- Holistic Revenue - The revenue from ads shown in the game and all gross transactions.
- Holistic ARPDAU (ARPU) - The average revenue per active user (Holistic Revenue / DAU(AU)). If the dashboard shows the data for a period longer than one day, ARPDAU is shown as ARPU.
- ARPPU - The average revenue per paying user (IAP Revenue / Number of unique paying users). Each player increases the number of paying users only 1 time per 24 hours.
- Conversion Rate - The percentage of active users converting to paying users (Number of unique paying users / DAU(AU) * 100).
KPIs values are collected for every game. They can be displayed for a single game or for all the studio's games. To switch to the studio dashboard click on STUDIO in the menu on the left.
To switch to another game's dashboard pick the game in the menu on the left and then click on DASHBOARD.
Pay attention that IAP ARPU and ADS ARPU are shown on the game dashboard only.
Every KPI is displayed as a value
and as a graph.
All KPIs are always shown on the page. To view the graph for a specific KPI click on it.
The graph type can be changed by using special options at the right corner of the graph.
The dashboard shows full KPI value for the chosen period of time. The graph displays the dynamics of KPI's changes over the selected period.
The data can be presented:
- for today
- for yesterday
- for the last 7 days
- for the last 30 days
- for a custom period
By default, the data is displayed for today. To change the time period use the options on the top of the dashboard.
The data is displayed in accordance with the user local time zone. It's detected automatically when the user logs the dashboard in.
Compare KPIs values
You can compare KPIs values with the data in another period. There are 2 modes of compare:
- Default compare - compare the selected period with the same period average of the last 4 weeks.
- Custom compare - compare the selected period with any period for the same longevity.
To switch mode click on Compare, choose the desired mode and click on COMPARE.
If you choose Custom Compare, you will also need to choose a period of time.
Let's look closer at the Default Compare mode. Imagine today is Tuesday so when you are viewing today’s data in Game of Whales fetches the data from 4 previous Tuesday, then calculates the average for every hour and compares the result to today’s data. When viewing the data for a 7 day period - Game of Whales fetches the data for 4 last weeks "from Tuesday to Tuesday". So the selected dates correspond to the same day of the week.
The results of the comparison are displayed on the graph as 2 series. New data (data for the period, which you selected to display on the dashboard) has blue or yellow color (1), past data - gray color (2).
Every point on the graph has a tooltip. You can find information about compared values and the trend (percent of deviation) on it.
The compare results are also displayed as a trend (1) and a percent of deviation (2).
The trend depends on deviation:
- the negative deviation is more than 50%
- the negative deviation is more than 3% and less 50%
- the negative/positive deviation is less than 3%
- the positive deviation is between 3% and 50%
- the positive deviation is between 50% and 100%
- the positive deviation is more than 100%
IAP Revenue and Ads revenue presentation
The graph for Holistic Revenue contains 3 series:
- current IAP Revenue (1) - the data about IAP revenue for the selected period. It's shown as a blue series.
- current Ads Revenue (2) - the data about ads revenue for the selected period. It's shown as a yellow series.
- average IAP and Ads Revenue for the previous period (3) - it's used for the comparison and it's shown as a gray series.
In order to hide IAP revenue or ads revenue from the graph, click on the appropriate option on the right corner of the graph. Pay attention that the hidden type of revenue will be excluded from the other parts of the dashboard: the gray series of the graph, ARPDAU(ARPU), KPI piecharts, revenue stream and so on. The titles of revenue and ARPDAU (ARPU) KPIs are changed in accordance with the selected type of revenue. To show the holistic value, click on the same option again.