Create a push
In order to create a new push notification, go to INTERACT (1) and then click on Push Notifications section (2).
Click on Create Push Notification.
A push notification's editing card will be opened.
Enter the following fields:
- Description – your internal information about this campaign. Players won't see this information.
- Launch Date – the field contains the date when the push notification will be sent out. You can define the date manually or use the calendar.
When - the mode of sending out.
There are 2 modes:
Optimize - this mode will allow the service to optimize the best time to display the push notifications per player. The best time is a part of the day when the player has the most logins. You can see this information on the Player card.
ASAP – on the chosen day the service will start sending out pushes immediately.
- Optimize - this mode will allow the service to optimize the best time to display the push notifications per player. The best time is a part of the day when the player has the most logins. You can see this information on the Player card.
Push Audience Segmentation - select which segment of the audience will get the push.
You are going to reach: - this field includes the information about the size of the selected audience.
- Push Enabled players (1) - the number of players who can receive push notifications and meet the segment’s conditions. A player can receive notifications when the system has special information about him (his device token).
- Total players (2) - the number of players that meet the segment’s conditions.
Haven't reached spam threshold (3) - the actual part of the Push Enabled players, which can receive this push since the players have not got any push notifications within two days yet. If the player is a developer, he has no limits on the number of push notifications.
You can create a new segment or edit an existing by using Create segment option.
To update segment list, use Refresh segment list.
- Notification Title – notification's title. Players will get a message with this title.
Notification Message - the text of push notification.
Push notification can be localized.
Notification Image - if you want to add an additional image to your push notification, select it in this field (1). The selected image will be shown in Notification Preview field (2).
In order to see a notification image on iOS devices, it's needed to add an additional extension to your project.
To remove the image click on Remove button near Notification Image field.
Android Notification Icon - the name of the Unity project resource with icon that will be used for this push notification. During implementing Game of Whales' SDK in your game, add to your project one or more of your game's icon. In the Unity Editor, add those files to the following folder: Plugins >> Android >> res >> drawable. If the files are already existing, replace them. After that, you will be able to specify icon's name when you create a push notification. If the field is empty, game icon from Android Notification Icon field of game settings will be used. If this one is not specified too, the default game icon will be used.
It's needed to type icon's name without extension.
Notification Preview - the fields show how the push will look like. Pay attention that it is only an example. The real presentation of the push notification depends on a player's device.
Click on SCHEDULE if you want to add a push to a processing queue. When the push processing date come in, the push will be sent out.
If you want to save the push as a draft click on SAVE AS DRAFT.